In This Chapter
• Decluttering your PC by getting rid of old files that it no longer needs
• Boosting your PC’s performance by defragmenting your files
• Keeping your programs running smoothly by repairing and updating them
• Keeping Windows young at heart by installing the latest updates
• Giving the bum’s rush to programs and devices that have worn out their welcome
Windows is your PC’s operating system, which means that it controls, monitors, and oversees almost everything that happens with your PC’s hardware and software. So a big part of PC maintenance involves maintaining Windows itself and using the tools that Windows provides to maintain your files, programs, and devices. This chapter is your guide to the most ...