10 OUTSOURCING: FINANCIAL ASPECTS
WITH HUGH PIKE BSc MBA
When you have studied this chapter you should be able to:
- describe what outsourcing is, with particular reference to IT, and the main reasons for considering it;
- describe the particular financial characteristics of outsourcing and the financial implications of outsourcing decisions;
- describe the factors that typically have to be taken into account in building a financial case for outsourcing vis-à-vis in-house provision;
- construct a financial case for outsourcing vis-à-vis in-house provision from given data;
- explain how financial cases for outsourcing are typically evaluated.
Outsourcing is a complex subject with strategic, operational, legal and financial implications. ...