What you’ll find in this chapter:
• The tools of engagement
• The art of listening
• Questions, questions
• Inside the customer’s mind
• Putting your engagement strategy to work
Engage first, sell later. That should be every B2B entrepreneur’s motto. Why engage? Because business buyers tend to be risk averse, and they’ll need to get to know you before buying—especially if you’re a smaller, less established company. Here’s what makes them willing to engage:
1. They have a business pain that needs remedying.
2. They are actively looking for information to help them solve their pain.
3. They are willing to trust ...