How difficult is it to design and fabricate printed circuit boards?
When you look at a finished printed circuit board—with an often-complex circuit pattern and a mixture of through-hole and surface mount components—you may think creating your own boards would be a difficult, time-consuming task that would require specialized tools and expertise. However, fabricating your own printed circuit boards can be broken down into the following relatively simple steps:
1. Generation of the schematic.
2. Placement and routing of the circuit board.
3. Generation of artwork.
4. Exposing and developing the resist layer.
5. Etching the printed circuit board.
6. Tin plating of the printed circuit board.
7. Drilling and shaping, including vias ...