Deploying an eZ Publish site
Software deployment involves all of the activities that make a software system available for use on a particular environment.
There are different ways to deploy software, such as using an FTP client or using SSH and rsync.
With eZ Publish, the suggested activities to deploy a website are:
- Download eZ Deploy extension from http://projects.ez.no/ezsync.
- Create a quality assurance test with automatic (SeleniumIDE + PHPUnit), or manual processes for all of the functionality that we developed.
- Configure the staging siteaccess with the correct settings.
- Deploy the database in the staging environment.
- Deploy the code in the staging environment.
- Check the validity of the staging server.
- Run quality assurance tests in the staging environment. ...