In this chapter you will learn about the following:
- Types of evaluation opportunities, including requests for proposal, requests for quotes or qualifications, internal evaluation assignments, sole-source requests, and evaluator-initiated opportunities
- Sources of information about evaluation opportunities, especially the Commerce Business Daily
- Types of evaluation agreements, including contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements
- Questions to ask in deciding whether to pursue an evaluation opportunity
- How to ameliorate negative aspects of evaluation assignments that cannot be declined
- How to derive benefit from and avoid pitfalls in attending bidders' conferences ...