Planning a PDF Publication
As you begin to plan your digital publishing workflow, you should be asking yourself the following series of questions:
- To what device classes do I want to publish?
- Within each class of device, which are my top target devices?
- On what devices will people want to read my publication regardless of what I want them to do with it?
- Ideally, what types of media and interaction would my publication employ?
- What is the least amount of media and interaction my publication can have and still be viable for its purpose?
Of course, you should also be asking yourself a lot of questions regarding content, distribution channels, financing, production logistics, and so on, but those questions are beyond the scope of this chapter. ...