Social Issues and the Environment
After reading the chapter, students will be able to:
- Define social issues and their impact on the environment.
- Explain the processes needed to transit from unsustainable to sustainable development.
- Describe urban problems related to energy.
- Define water conservation and describe methods such as rain water harvesting and watershed management.
- Explain resettlement and rehabilitation of people and outline the accompanying problems and concerns, with case studies.
- Define environmental ethics, and explain the issues and possible solutions.
- Define climatic changes, global warming, acid rain, ozone layer depletion, nuclear accidents and holocausts.
- Extrapolate on these terms with appropriate ...