After studying Unit II, students will be able to:
- Define natural resources and identify problems associated with the use and extraction of natural resources in the context of environmental sciences.
- Describe the various natural resources such as forest resources, water resources, mineral resources, food resources, energy resources and land resources.
- Identify the uses and overexploitation of different resources.
- Describe case studies that underline examples of damage and exploitation of natural resources and highlight people’s struggles to protect their environmental resources.
- Explain different processes of resource extraction of water, mineral, food or forest etc.
- Identify alternate resources and ...