What's needed in most organizations is not so much a revamping of the existing training and development system as optimization of current practices. Therefore, this Infoline will focus on eight initiatives to increase the successful transfer of training:
• Focus on shortcomings: Identify training needs that will have a positive impact on business results.
• Set up training transfer: Incorporate learning strategies that promote application and reinforcement of skills.
• Coordinate learning networks: Organize support for reinforcement.
• Prepare coaches: Get direct managers ready for their developmental role.
• Integrate follow-up: Implement reinforcement programs with assessment and training programs.
• Insist on accountability: ...