What is employment law?
Both employers and employees are protected by legislation, but to most people it is complex and confusing. This chapter seeks to introduce employment law, the court system and tribunals in an easy to understand manner. It also will discuss the reason for employment law and the effect of this law on all parties. In this chapter we will explore:
- the sources of domestic and European law;
- the relevant structure of the Civil Courts and the Employment Tribunal system;
- the role of law in distributing social justice and ensuring fairness;
- the effect of regulation on the economy, employees, employers and society;
- the Employment Tribunal process and out-of-court settlements.
Employment law can be ...