In this chapter you will learn to:
• Plan your day and manage your natural energy reserves.
• Generate positive energy when your reserves are running low.
• Identify what makes you feel good and gives you a sense of fulfilment.
• Overcome distractions and stay present in the moment.
And the key to all this is motivation. But just what is motivation? Higgs and Dulewicz define it as “the drive and energy to achieve clear results and make an impact, and also to balance both short- and longterm goals with a capability to pursue demanding goals in the face of rejection or questioning”.
Take a moment to reflect on this definition.
• What is it saying to you?
• Which are the key words or phrases that stand ...