In this chapter you will learn about:
- The essential ingredients of an electric circuit
- The AND circuit and the OR circuit
- The comparison between an electric circuit and a water circuit
- The difference between a.c. and d.c.
- The concept of electric current and electromotive force
- Safety precautions while working on electric equipment
- Different types of insulators, semiconductors, and conductors used in electrical and electronic engineering and their properties
- Different types of switches and contact materials
- The types of electric circuit
- Ohm’s law and simple connected problems
- The water circuit and the electric circuit — an analogy
An electric circuit is ...