Power and Energy in Periodic Waveforms
- To explain the need for sinusoidal waveforms and the importance of sinusoidal analysis.
- To explain the concepts of phase, phase difference, phase lag/lead, phase delay/advance, time delay/advance etc. in the context of sinusoidal waveforms.
- To introduce instantaneous power, cyclic average power and average power in periodic waveforms.
- To define effective value of periodic waveforms and illustrate rms calculations through examples.
- To develop and explain the power superposition principle and to emphasise the pitfalls in applying this principle.
- To develop an expression for effective value of composite periodic waveform and point out pitfalls in applying the result.
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.