Chapter 3: Attaining PowerSeller and Top Rated Seller Status
In This Chapter
- Moving up the tiers
- Qualifying for PowerSeller status
- Becoming a Top Rated Seller
- Understanding the benefits of becoming a recognized seller
When you browse through items on eBay, you're bound to notice a Top Rated Plus icon next to a member's User ID. To the uninitiated, this may look like an award given to a seller for selling thousands of items on eBay — but it's not. The eBay Top Rated Plus status is given only to those sellers who uphold the highest levels of professionalism and customer service on the site. Take a look at mine in Figure 3-1.
Figure 3-1: My proudly displayed Top Rated Seller Plus badge.
There are three levels of upgraded status for eBay sellers:
- PowerSellers: These members have to maintain certain monthly levels of gross merchandise sales (total dollar amount of eBay sales — GMS in eBay-speak), and they must get there by providing excellent customer service.
- Top Rated Sellers: eBay sellers at this level don't have to have as large volume of sales as an eBay PowerSeller, but they face stricter customer service requirements.
- Top Rated Seller Plus: Only the sellers who fully commit to their businesses get this status. In searches, only Top Rated Plus sellers have badges next to their listings.
eBay community values
The eBay community values aren't taken lightly by the eBay community ...