Controlling Interview Anxiety
Anxiety; anx•i•e•ty; noun: a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.
This is exactly what hundreds and hundreds of job candidates have reported to me before, during, and after a job interview. To a psychologist, this is 100-percent predictable because:
- Anxiety is a totally normal human emotion.
- Anxiety is experienced by every human being at some time.
- It is natural to be uneasy before an interview (that is, an imminent event).
- It is natural to be nervous during an interview (because of the relative uniqueness and rarity of the event, as well as the fact that the outcome is uncertain).
- It is natural to worry about the interview ...