To celebrate the birth of their son in 1664, the Elector Ferdinand Maria and his wife Henrietta Adelaide of Savoy commissioned Agostino Barelli to build a summer palace to the west of Munich. The wings and annexe buildings were added from 1701 onwards. The historic gardens to the rear of the palace beckon for a pleasant stroll. Over the course of 300 years, the original ornamental garden was expanded into a vast ensemble comprising a Baroque garden, a system of canals, and small pavilions scattered throughout the park.
Schloss, pavilions & Marstallmuseum