11 QUALITY AND TESTING
CONTENTS OF THIS CHAPTER
This chapter covers the following topics:
- the quality triangle;
- the definition of software quality;
- the objectives and limitation of testing;
- the static test stages of the ‘V’ model lifecycle;
- the dynamic test stages of the ‘V’ model lifecycle;
- static testing;
- dynamic testing;
- re-testing (confirmation testing);
- regression testing;
- testing in the lifecycle;
- the test plan;
- references and further reading.
The quality of software is an important aspect of system development. Delivered software needs to be ‘fit for purpose’, reliable and maintainable to meet changing requirements. To achieve this, the software needs to be tested at various stages of its ...