5 REQUIREMENTS ENGINEERING
CONTENTS OF THIS CHAPTER
This chapter covers the following topics:
- a definition of requirements engineering;
- the requirements engineering framework;
- roles in requirements engineering;
- requirements elicitation;
- requirements analysis;
- requirements validation;
- requirements documentation;
- requirements management;
- requirements engineering and Agile development;
- requirements engineering and off-the-shelf solutions.
REQUIREMENTS ENGINEERING DEFINED
The term ‘requirements engineering’ is a relatively new one and has come to prominence in the last 20 years or so. Aspects of what we now call requirements engineering – for example requirements specification – have been a feature of solution development since ...