1 INTRODUCTION TO SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT
CONTENTS OF THIS CHAPTER
This chapter covers the following topics:
- the purpose of systems development;
- the scope of systems development;
- the typical stages in the systems development process;
- the relationship of systems development to other disciplines, such as project management, business analysis and systems architecture;
- how offshoring and outsourcing influences systems development;
- a synopsis of the remaining chapters of this book.
WHAT IS SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT?
Systems development is the process of taking a set of business requirements and, through a series of structured stages, translating these into an operational IT system. The stages vary according to the development approach being ...