O'Reilly logo

Develop Confidence by Ros Taylor

Stay ahead with the world's most comprehensive technology and business learning platform.

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required

Beat Confidence Sappers

First, ask yourself why you lack confidence. Do the people or situations around you sap your self-esteem? Potential sappers include partners, family members, colleagues, peer groups, friends, and children.

Your Family Influences You

Research has shown that the family you were born into does make a difference. The eminent psychologist Gordon Claridge conducted major research into the relative influences of upbringing over genetics, or nurture versus nature. His results showed that if one or both parents lack confidence, their children have between a 60 and an 80 per cent chance of lacking it, too. Although genetics may have a profound influence, that still leaves between 40 and 20 per cent leeway for external influences ...

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required