Kids ages 6–8 are beginning to discover their independence and preferences while expanding their social networks. They are increasingly able to strategize and to keep multiple goals in mind, leading to their ability to play more complex games.
This chapter discusses the developmental milestones of children ages 6–8, including:
- An overview of their cognitive development
- Learning styles
- Mastery of different perspectives
- Executive function
- Language and communication skills
- Mathematical thinking
- Motor skill development
- Social and emotional development
- Scientific thinking
- Developmentally appropriate games for this age
Image used with permission of Andra Abramson and Paula Ross.