Why build social networks and communities?
At some point, you either have already or soon will be called upon to justify building your online community or social network.
Fortunately, there are a lot of good reasons available, and they include:
- Enhancing and sustaining your “intellectual capital”
- Increasing creativity and cross-fertilization
- Improving decision-making processes with “epistemic communities”
- Preserving institutional knowledge
- Providing a higher quality interaction with your organization
- Improving retention and loyalty
- Reducing training and support costs
- Identifying customer needs and new product opportunities
- Reducing travel costs and addressing problems “just in time”
- Flattening organizational hierarchies
These are ...