CONCLUSION. Words from the Wise
IN THE COURSE of researching and writing this book, some valuable points came up over and over again. These were:
- There is no shortage of work out there even in these finance-stricken times for reliable people who can do a good job.
- Cost has become an important factor – look around for the best quote; make sure your client/customer is getting a good deal.
- There’s not enough plant knowledge out there. Too many designers, but not enough plants people.
- So it’s really important to get proper horticultural training.
- Running your own gardening business is really tough work, especially at the start. It can take time to get going and get referrals.
- Your early work will probably come through family and friends. ...