In this chapter, you will learn about
• The basics of sound propagation
• Sound wave frequency and wavelength
• Harmonics, the decibel, and the sound environment
• How these basics apply to the electrical pathway used to amplify sound
• The electrical audio-signal chain from start to finish—microphones to loudspeakers
• The various signal levels, cables used, and types of circuits that are preferred for professional audio
This chapter covers the basics of sound propagation, sound wave frequency and wavelength, harmonics, ...