Breaking up tiling with Decals
Up to this point, you might have noticed that the terrain texturing can look a bit poor with the amount of tiling that may be seen. In this recipe, we will explore how you can break up some of the terrain tiling with Decals.
- Before we begin, you must have Sandbox 3 open
- Then open
- Complete the Terrain Texture setup recipe
- From the RollupBar, open the Objects tab.
- Click the Misc button.
- Select Decal.
- Align the Decal to your terrain and place it down in an area with a lot of tiling.
- From the Decal properties, click MTL (or bring up the material editor).
- Find Materials | decals | ground_crack_a.
- Apply the material to the Decal.
Decals are simple texture planes that can be ...