The material in this chapter covers:
- definition of stakeholders;
- guidance on stakeholder interests;
- internal corporate governance stakeholders;
- external corporate governance stakeholders;
- institutional investors and corporate governance.
The basic principles and implications of corporate governance have been addressed in previous chapters. Stakeholders such as the board and its directors and the impact that corporate governance guidelines have on their role were dealt with specifically in their own separate chapters. This chapter looks at other stakeholders that companies have to consider in their actions and the implications that corporate governance has on their ...