The material in this chapter covers:
- the responsibilities of directors/senior executives;
- the importance of ethical behaviour for senior management;
- the structures of controlling boards;
- alternative board structures;
- the role of the chair, CEO and non-executive directors;
- the need for and structure of sub-committees.
The previous chapter provided the background to the principles of corporate governance and gave an understanding of the issues that have brought about its development over the last twenty years. This chapter goes into more detail about some of the specific areas affected by the corporate governance principles.