The material in this chapter covers:
- the history and background of corporate governance;
- the link between corporate governance and ethics;
- the definition of corporate governance;
- the reports produced in relation to corporate governance issues;
- key concepts;
- the framework versus regulatory approach to corporate governance;
- the role of the audit function.
The previous chapter introduced the subject of ethical behaviour and its implications for a business. The subject of ethics is a key one in terms of the development of corporate governance principles and the success of a business in achieving them. Therefore the previous chapter provided underpinning knowledge of where ...