This chapter will enable you to:
- understand the elements of corporate culture and the role of management;
- understand the impact of organizational culture on behaviour;
- understand the role played by ethics in the workplace;
- evaluate the effect of corrupt behaviour by organizations;
- understand the role of policies and procedures in implementing ethical behaviour.
We saw in Chapter 1 that companies have grown in size and influence to the extent that they have, effectively, passed out of direct control of their owners. Owners of large, influential companies are themselves often huge institutions that prioritize financial returns over ethical or moral behaviour. These huge multinational companies ...