When a member of staff is unexpectedly absent from work it raises immediate cause for concern with regard to:
• the likelihood of missing deadlines
• disruption to the quality and continuity of service delivery
• increased workload and pressure for team members who take on other’s work
• time invested by managers and team leaders in resourcing and HR issues
• costs involved in hiring temporary or replacement staff
• loss of productivity and efficiency
• drop in motivation and employee engagement and commitment
• decrease in internal and external customer satisfaction and retention
• reputational risk for the organisation of not providing an excellent service.
The annual ...