DATA COMMUNICATION AND COMPUTER NETWORK
- Importance of networking—Resource sharing, information sharing, as a communication medium, back-up and support
- Data transmission media—Twisted pair, coaxial cable, optical fiber, RF transmission, microwave transmission, satellite transmission
- Data transmission across media
- Transmission modes—Simplex, halfduplex, full-duplex
- Transmission speed—Bandwidth, throughput, attenuation, distortion
- Fundamentals of transmission— Electromagnetic waves, signals
- Analog and digital signals
- Modulation and demodulation— Amplitude, frequency, phase shift
- Multiplexing—FDM, WDM
- Asynchronous and synchronous transmission
- Data transmission and data networking
- Switching—Circuit switching, message switching, ...
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.