The PC is now evolving into a powerful system through:
• Microprocessor developments.
• Improved graphics systems, such as AGP.
• The PCI bus architecture, especially the PCI bridge.
• Improved plug-and-play technology and automated set-up. The USB port aids in its ease of connection.
USB (Universal Serial Bus) allows for the connection of medium bandwidth peripherals such as keyboards, mice, tablets, modems, telephones, CD-ROM drives, printers and other low to moderate speed external peripherals in a tiered-star topology. Its basic specification is:
• Isochronous (‘continuous’) transfers which supports audio and video. With isochronous data transfers, devices transmit and receive data in a guaranteed and predictable ...