The CompTIA Network+ certification exam expects you to know how to
• 2.6 Categorize LAN technologies types and properties for the following: 100BaseTX, 100BaseFX, 1000BaseT, 1000BaseX, 10GBaseSR, 10GBaseLR, 10GBaseER, 10GBaseSW, 10GBaseLW, 10GBaseEW, 10GBaseT
To achieve these goals, you must be able to
• Describe the varieties of 100-megabit Ethernet
• Discuss copper- and fiber-based Gigabit Ethernet
• Compare the competing varieties of 10-Gigabit Ethernet
• Describe a backbone network
Within a few years of introduction, 10BaseT proved inadequate to meet the growing networking demand for speed. As with all things in the computing world, bandwidth is the key. Even with switching, the 10-Mbps speed of 10BaseT, seemingly ...