The CompTIA Network+ certification exam expects you to know how to
• 1.1 Explain the function of common networking protocols: TCP/IP suite
• 4.1 Explain the function of each layer of the OSI model
To achieve these goals, you must be able to
• Define the OSI seven-layer model
• Explain the major functions of network hardware
• Describe the functions of network software
The CompTIA Network+ certification challenges you to understand virtually every aspect of networking—not a small task, but luckily for you there’s a long-used method to conceptualize the many parts of a network called the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) seven-layer model.
The OSI seven-layer model is a guideline, a template that ...