In this chapter you will:
• Understand how adults learn new things
• Make training relevant for learners
• Maintain a learner-centered environment
• Help adults achieve learning goals
• Identify learning motivation for adults
• Explore competency and confidence
If I told you to pat your head three times and then snap your fingers twice, you’d probably want to know why before you acted. But if I said if you pat your head three times and then snap your fingers I’ll give you 20 dollars, you might go right ahead and try the experiment. You were motivated to do the silly actions not because the actions interested you, but because you wanted the reward that was promised to you. You were motivated by the 20-dollar ...