In this chapter you will:
• Understand training fundamentals
• Learn how to act as a professional trainer
• Manage classroom participants
• Prepare for an excellent training session
• Maintain the learning environment
• Link the learning to the participants’ lives
You may be a great technical trainer, you may be launching your training career, or you might be somewhere between the two—but all trainers can learn how to be better presenters. Excellent trainers have a certain essence that sets them apart from other speakers and educators—they have what actors call a stage presence. Something magical happens when the trainer steps in front of an audience: participants feel welcome, engaged, interested. The speaker’s ...