In this chapter you will:
• Define the learner needs
• Create instructional goals and learning objectives
• Learn how learning outcomes are designed
• Measure learner competencies
• Explore the ADDIE model for instructional design
• Understand the Kirkpatrick model of evaluation
Every trainer needs to start with one simple thought when it comes to teaching a technical class: why the training is needed. The goal of the training must be defined as early as possible in the preparation for the seminar. Once you understand why the training is to happen, that is, once you understand what the organization and the learners expect to receive from the training, it becomes much easier to prepare for a successful class. ...