Appendix B Answers to Review Questions
Chapter 1: Cloud Computing Overview, Concepts, and Models
- A. Infrastructure as a Service offers computing hardware, storage, and networking but not the operating systems or applications.
- B. Platform as a Service offers computing hardware, storage, networking, and the operating systems but not the application software.
- C. Software as a Service offers all cloud computing services, including the application software.
- B. Desktop as a Service is a cloud-hosted service that extends a virtual desktop to a remote client.
- C. A private cloud is used exclusively by a single organization.
- D. A community cloud is used by companies with similar needs such as medical or financial services.
- B. A public cloud is used shared by many different organizations.
- C. The cloud delivery model that hosts compute resources remotely is referred to as off-premise.
- B. The pay-as-you-grow cloud characteristic allows billing for only the services used.
- C. Chargeback allows accounting and departmental billing for cloud services used.
- D. On-demand cloud computing allows the consumer to dynamically add and change resources with the use of an online portal.
- D. Multitenancy is when a single software application is portioned and shared between multiple clients.
- C. Cloud bursting is designed to use a public cloud during times of increased load on the primary datacenter.
- D. Rapid deployment gives the consumer the ability to rapidly change cloud resources by using automation. ...
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.