THE FOLLOWING COMPTIA A+ 220-901 OBJECTIVES ARE COVERED IN THIS CHAPTER:
- ✓ 1.1 Given a scenario, configure settings and use BIOS/UEFI tools on a PC.
- Install firmware upgrades – flash BIOS
- BIOS component information: RAM, Hard drive, Optical drive, CPU, Boot sequence, Enabling and disabling devices, Date/time, Clock speeds, Virtualization support
- BIOS security (passwords, drive encryption: TPM, lo-jack, secure boot)
- Use built-in diagnostics
- Monitoring: Temperature monitoring, Fan speeds, Intrusion detection/notification, Voltage, Clock, Bus speed
- ✓ 1.2 Explain the importance of motherboard components, their purposes, and properties.
- Sizes: ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX, ITX)
- Expansion slots: PCI, ...