Working with Windows 7
The following CompTIA A+ 220-802 Exam objectives are covered in this chapter:
- 1.1 Compare and contrast the features and requirements of various Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Windows 7 Starter, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Enterprise
- Features: 32-bit vs. 64-bit; Aero, gadgets, user account control, bit-locker, shadow copy, system restore, ready boost, compatibility mode, administrative tools, defender, Windows firewall, security center
- Upgrade paths – differences between in place upgrades, compatibility tools, Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor
- 1.2 Given a scenario, install, and configure the operating system using the most appropriate method.
- Boot methods: USB, CD-ROM, ...