This chapter covers the following subjects:
• Laser Printers—This section describes the basics of laser printers and the seven-step laser printing process.
• Inkjet Printers—This section describes the major features of inkjet printers, how ink cartridges work, and why calibration might be necessary.
• Thermal Printers—This section explains the differences in direct thermal printing, thermal transfer printing, and dye-sublimation printing.
• Impact Printers—This section describes the operation of dot-matrix impact printers and printheads.
• Printer Installation and Configuration—This section demonstrates how to install printers properly, upgrade RAM and firmware, select ports, configure Windows options, and use the Print Spooler ...