What you will learn in this chapter
- What is Intermediate Code and why do we need it?
- What are different commonly used forms of Intermediate Code?
- How to build a Parse tree in memory?
- What are Polish and Reverse Polish Notation (RPN)?
- How to generate RPN from a parse tree?
- What is N-tuple notation?
- How to generate N-tuples?
- What is an Abstract Syntax Tree (AST)?
- How to generate an AST for a given source code?
- What are Virtual Machines?
- An introduction to PASCAL P-code
- An introduction to Java Bytecode
- What are Threaded codes and what are their variants?
- Implementation of Threaded code interpreter on Motorola 68000 and Intel x86 series machines
- Introduction to SECD and WAM virtual machines
- Real-life: Intermediate codes used ...