When you complete this chapter, you should be able to:
• Describe situations in which managers need to ask good questions.
• Describe and explain the uses of four types of questions: open-ended, closed-ended, clarifying, and probing.
• List key strategies for asking useful questions.
• Ask appropriate, relevant questions during an interview.
• Ask questions to encourage participation in a meeting.
• Ask questions to elicit information in difficult situations.
So far in this course you’ve learned how important listening and getting your message across clearly are to successful communication. ...