Drawing from the Satir Change Model, this chapter provides guidelines for communicating during change. As general communication caveats, these guidelines apply to all interactions in the workplace, even ones occurring during those rare times of stability. But they are particularly applicable if you are responsible for introducing, influencing, or managing change. The following actions will help you become a skilled Change Artist.
1. Respect the matter of timing.
2. Expect individual differences in response to change.
3. Allow time for adjustment.
4. Treat the Old Status Quo with respect.
5. Allow people to vent.
6. Listen proactively.
7. Provide information and more information.
8. Say something, ...