This chapter discusses several ways to configure CUPS clients for printing.
A client is any machine that sends print jobs to another machine for final printing. Clients can also be servers if they communicate directly with printers of their own.
Each client can have a local server that spools jobs before sending them to the remove server, or the client can run without a local server and send jobs directly to the server.
CUPS supports the following methods of configuring client machines:
1. Manual configuration of print queues
2. Specifying a single server for printing
3. Automatic configuration of print queues
4. Specifying multiple servers for printing
5. Relaying printers to other clients