By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Execute the role of a team coach for shared leadership.
• Coach virtual teams from long distance.
• Coach teams to make continuous improvements.
• Use coaching to help teams learn from and recover from failure.
• Implement a peer coaching process.
In Chapter 2 we discussed the role of the coach. In this chapter we examine the role of the team coach. I use the term “team coach” to describe the role of managers, supervisors, or team leaders in coaching their teams for high performance. We look first at the key responsibilities. Then we explore ...