By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Define motivation and list its characteristics.
• Describe the baseline expectations of all employees.
• Implement the six most common types of motivation in performance coaching.
• Identify the demographic composition of your organization’s workforce.
• Coach employees who belong to different generations, based on their key motivators.
• Use coaching throughout the employment life cycle to enhance retention.
Think about how you might answer the following questions:
Over the past few years, have you found it more difficult to keep individual ...