This book begins by taking an elementary look at high availability (HA) computing and how it is implemented through enterprise-level cluster solutions. We start in this chapter with some of the basic concepts of HA. Here's what we'll cover:
• What Is High Availability?
• High Availability as a Business Requirement
• What Are the Measures of High Availability?
• Understanding the Obstacles to High Availability
• Preparing Your Organization for High Availability
• The Starting Point for a Highly Available System
• Moving to High Availability
Later chapters will explore the implementation of HA in clusters, then describe HP's HA products in more detail. A separate chapter is devoted to concrete examples ...