Answers to Review Questions
1. B The cloud is a symbol used to represent the Internet in network diagrams, adopted to represent a “location” for cloud services.
2. A Self-serve management of resource allocation reduces IT administrative overhead, while automated resource allocation reduces administrative overhead for business and IT operations.
3. B Although cloud computing utilized virtualization extensively, virtual hosting services predate cloud computing solutions and lack the flexibility of resource assignment possible in the cloud.
4. B A thin client system does not have a hard drive or flash drive for storage, so it relies on remote applications to operate.
5. B Flexible resource assignment allows the cloud service ...